- It is Critical that you forward copies of documents no later than 8 weeks prior to departure. If documents are not received by this deadline, we may not have time to complete the necessary arrangements.
- All documents must be in English. (Please translate if in a different language – in the case of a divorce agreement – a legal translation is required and needs to be stamped by a Commissioner of Oath/Police Officer. Birth Certificates can be translated and stamped by Police Officer).
- Original documentation must be presented to the Civil Status Office and the Registrar prior to the wedding taking place.
- For any person who does not speak or understand English or French the services of a translator will be required at an additional cost.
- Weddings can be celebrated 3 working days after arrival in Mauritius and can only be conducted on weekdays (Monday to Friday).
- lease note any wedding that is cancelled will attract cancellation fees.
Please remember: Original copies of all relevant documents above must be taken with you to Mauritius.
- Divorced Woman or Widows: Under Mauritian Law, weddings can only take place 300 days (9 months) after a divorce decree has been issued / or after a death certificate for previous spouse has been issued. If a wedding is required within the 300 day period (9 month period) a medical certificate
confirming that the divorced woman or widow is not pregnant will be required. This certificate must be issued in Mauritius. The cost of this test is approximately R290.00.
- It is important to know that in cases where your passport does not reflect your “full” name shown on your birth certificate, that the Mauritian authorities will complete your marriage certificate and affidavit with the name from your birth certificate and not your passport.
If you are already married and wish to either renew your vows or celebrate your wedding in Mauritius this can be arranged and the services offered would the remain the same with the exception of the legal formalities.
It is important that we are advised as time of making the booking to total party size for all wedding bookings. This should include friends / family who may be staying at different properties who wish to attend the wedding, (Irrespective of whether they have booked with us or not) and also of any increase to the party size, after the original booking has been made. As you will appreciate, we need to inform the hotel of the number of people they are to expect and receive confirmation from them that this is acceptable – failure to do so could mean that the wedding package / price featured is void.
If you are staying at an all inclusive property
If you have family or friends (staying at a different property) who wish to attend you wedding it will be necessary (in most instances) for them to purchase a full day / half day pass locally to allow them to use the inclusive facility.
Quality of Photographs / Videos
Although the quality for both the above services are considered by the local country to be professional, it is important to note that the facilities can be limited in some areas and therefore not always comparable with the standards in South Africa.
Transportation of Wedding Attire
We suggest that you pack your wedding clothes in a dress bag and let us know if you would like us to organise with the airline to hang these in the hold of the aircraft. (Hanging space on the aircraft for wedding attire cannot be guaranteed.)
Engraving Jewellery / Printing Stationery
Although this is a very nice idea it is important to realise that there will always remain a possibility that your wedding date may need re-scheduling due to unforeseen circumstances. This obviously is a rare occurrence but nonetheless still something to bear in mind.
Choosing colours of flowers etc
As you can appreciate colours and types of flowers differ season to season. We would recommend that you make your choices locally as you may see a wide variety of colours/styles that you would not necessarily have first thought of.
Appointments cannot be made prior to arrival in the resort. You should make these appointments locally.